| ||CarRadio.com. 10 Facts About Factory Car Audio Repair |
vs Non -Factory Replacements.
Call 1-888-487-3500 Mon. - Fri., 8:00-5:30 Eastern Time For More Info.
Thinking about buying an aftermarket unit from a discount chain store insteadof repair your factory unit? Before you do consider these facts about replacement radios:
- Factory units can cost from $400 to $2,000 for a reason. They are built tougher and to more demanding specifications.
- Many cars depend on the radio for dash light dimming, heater control functions and other functions. These will not work with a non-factory unit. Your factory radio matches the look of the dash and the electronic systems of your car.
- Non-Factory replacements can be had for less, but they require the wiring on your car to be cut or modified. (Or an adapter plug for $20 or more).
- Replacements are much smaller then the factory radio, and require a trim kit (another $20) to fill in the big factory cut out (Especially those Ford oval shaped ones) and still won't look right.
- Replacements require custom installation, (another $60) while repair removal is usually simple to do yourself.
- So add about $100 or so when you price the replacement radio, the trim kit, plug and custom installation.
- Replacements Also may pick up engine electrical interference since they were not designed for your car.
- Replacements have tiny little buttons that are tough to press in a moving car and their labels even harder to read.
- Bottom line, a non-factory replacement will hurt the resale value of you car.
- Repair is environmentally friendly, and conserves energy and natural resources.
OK, you can tell we like factory radios. But in some cases a cheaper replacement makes sense. We carry Sony, Pioneer, Blaupunkt and SPS for those applications as well....
To Return To Our Home Page CLICK HERE